SMS transaction (one step)
- Procedure for processing transactions in one-step is called Single Message System (SMS). When using this system, funds withdrawal from buyer's card is done in a single operation, so the card authorization and financial capture is processed as one event at one moment in time.
- According to scheme rules SMS transaction shall be used for immediate delivery of the goods.
Payment Methods available for SMS transaction processing:
- FD_SMS – Transaction without card 3D-Secure authentication;
- FD_SMS_3D_OPTIONAL – Transaction with 3D-Secure authentication (if card is enrolled for 3D-Secure) or without;
- FD_SMS_3D_REQUIRED – Transaction only for 3D-Secure enrolled cards (other cards will lead to payment attempt failure).
DMS transaction (two steps)
- A transaction processing flow where authorization and financial capture are two events separated in time (by hours or by days).
- According to scheme rules DMS transaction must be used where goods delivery occurs sometime after the purchase.
- Normally, the financial capture should match the authorization amount confirmed by the issuer, but in certain cases financial capture may be done for amount less than amount authorized.
- DMS payment is performed in 2 steps: up to 3 days funds can be held on customers’ account and then either fully cleared (deducted) from account or returned back. Details for finishing or cancel DMS financial transaction is available in section DMS payment confirmation (Step 2).
Payment Methods available for DMS transaction processing:
- FD_DMS – Transaction for payment authorization without card 3D-Secure authentication;
- FD_DMS_3D_OPTIONAL – Transaction for payment authorization with 3D-Secure authentication (if card is enrolled for 3D-Secure) or without;
- FD_DMS_3D_REQUIRED – Transaction for payment authorization only for 3D-Secure enrolled cards (other cards will lead to payment attempt failure).
Recurring payments initiation
- Recurring payments are payments by an issuer to an acquirer on behalf of a cardholder who authorizes a merchant to bill the cardholder’s account on continuous or periodic basis. Each subsequent transaction amount can differ from original recurring registration transaction.
- The Merchant must retain the Cardholder’s permission in a form of an email or other electronic record or in paper form, for all duration of Recurring transactions, and provide it upon issuer’s request.
- Recurring payments are supported for Visa, Visa Electron and MasterCard cards. Recurring payments for Maestro cards are not supported.
- Recurring payments can be initiated only for the same Merchant (merchant_id) which registered it – i.e. one recurring payment cannot be shared by two or more merchants.
- When recurring payment is created (registered) then Cardholder could be authenticated via the 3D scheme if Merchant supports security verification system.
- Description of recurring payment run (subsequent payment) is available in the section Integration manual - Direct POST#Recurring payment run (subsequent call).
Payment Methods available for Recurring payment registration:
- FD_SMS_RECURRING – Payment registration without card 3D-Secure authentication;
- FD_SMS_RECURRING_3D_OPTIONAL – Payment registration with 3D-Secure authentication (if card is enrolled for 3D-Secure) or without;
- FD_SMS_RECURRING_3D_REQUIRED – Payment registration only for 3D-Secure enrolled cards (other cards will lead to payment attempt failure).